« Home | The Munchkins File » | Shag » | Starting anew »

Legal School Skipping Files

For attending a workshop on energy environment policy at NUS, I was able to 'skip' school for the whole day, to attend like 4 interesting lectures. It was really a great way to start Monday, waking up at 7 and traveling down to Clementi, without any hurry or rush. The best part, there's a 1.5hr math lecture every Monday, the monster battle to stay awake.
If not for the film 'an inconvenient truth' which the GP department made us watch, it'll be quite alarming to see how the world is being destroyed slowly, and getting hotter as well! Rising water levels of 3cm every decade is also kind of scary, especially for Singapore. I guess I won't go into the details cause I can't really regurgitate it all out again. It sort of became like background knowledge already.
The series of lectures ended at about 4.30pm and it was really a good experience + tea breaks between every lecture which sometimes include chocolate éclairs ! awesome. But we couldn't take too much éclairs in the presence of the other schools cause it would look bad, wasted man! And of course, the day doesn't end there, cause there's training straightaway. So I traveled to school for training with Aloy, and felt so sian cause we already spent the whole day out away from school but we still had to return! Interestingly, I met Sarah Tan on the bus on my way to school. Actually she didn't see me so I called her and asked her why she's wearing black. 'How you know?'. 'Cause I'm on your bus..'