« Home | It's Over » | Internal Issues » | BT1 » | Depression Files » | A brouhaha » | Legal School Skipping Files » | The Munchkins File » | Shag » | Starting anew »

Is It Good Enough?

History repeats itself again, fail fail and fail!
I didn't do well for my block tests 1, but it's kind of expected cause I only thought of picking up momentum after my season ended, which is now!
GP-E
H1 Chem-S
Econs-S
Math-S
Physics-U

It's ok, I know where I went wrong. The only thing that bothers me is the parents-meet-tutors sessions. I don't need a teacher to sit there and force out reasons as to why I didn't perform well. The last session last year was useless. It didn't even make me feel guilty why I'm not scoring well. If I wanted to find this urgency to study, I'll have to find it myself!

I didn't neglect my studies for any poor reasons though. I feel as though, a new fitness level has been reached. My running has gone down, but I can swim faster now !

100m freestyle: 1 min 10 sec (not bad for a non-swimmer :) )

NAPFA
Standing broad jump : 252 (Finally learned the technique after 6 years. the only thing that stopped me from getting full marks)
Shuttle run : 9.3 sec (not that fast but it doesn't matter)
sit and reach : 56 cm (God's blessings, you either can do it or you can't. Or maybe all the warmup-stretchings in Track help me all these years)
Sit-ups : 60 (nice number)
Pull-ups : 15 (my new maximum :), achieved only after doing up to 60 pullups in training 3 weeks before this)
2.4km : 9 min17 sec (This is my lousiest timing in 4 years)

In total, 30 points! What's the big deal, why can't I just get silver, be contented that I don't go NS two months earlier and let it be? For me, it's like a record that's nice to keep. It will remind me of what I can achieve if I put my mind to it. that's why 9:17 for 2.4km is not good enough, I want to run <9mins, even if it's 8:59! It sounds crazy but it's possible I think. The fastest I ever ran on a proper track was 9:10. When I was in secondary school, all the 2.4km runs were at bishan park, so maybe it was shorter, or maybe that was the time I was still running 4 times a week??

I'll just do the napfa test again, why not? :)